All the quilting and binding are done and it even got packaged and shipped off. Here is a shot of the back. I hand quilted using three sizes of perle cotton: 8, 12, and 16. The size 16 is a variegated black/ grey/ white from Finca. The size 8 and 12 were also variegated in black/ red and black / grey/ white from Valdani.
The fabric was all sourced via eQuilter.com
The perle cotton was all source via Needle in a Haystack.
I will share the front once it has reached its intended recipient!
All nine rows are assembled with blocks and sashing. Now to cut the sashing that goes between the rows. Once that is done and all stitched together, I will move on to the borders.
The initial pieces were cut some time ago and put aside as other things took precedent. I was able to spend some time and assemble the blocks this weekend.
Yes, there are two sizes there. The smaller set is for a coordinated pillow.
Last two shapes filled in.
A bit more quilting done.
After a few hours of yard work today, I’ve cleaned up and am back to hand quilting my mystery project. Here’s an image from the back.
I may have shared bits of this before but can’t recall. It needs to be a mystery as it has a intended recipient. Now that the Dragon Fruit quilt top is done I am back to hand quilting ths one with perle cotton.
All the inside borders are done and attached now.
Next comes the outer border. I was going to use the swirly black and white, but it is too busy for my eyes. I put up a grey pillowcase to see what that would look like.
I like the grey idea however that one is too light. I do have a cut of a black and grey plaid that will work, but I need to dig it out and see if there is enough. But not tonight.