I’ve been conducting some acrylic paint experiments and having far too much fun. Oh, to be able to have dedicated studio space again. I used to do the plaster/ceramic painting quite a bit, and I have a couple of watercolors in progess.
This blue one was a try with only using water to thin the paint. It’s quite texurized and I love that.
This sunset one I mixed in pouring medium and love the marbling.
On both the glitter was sprinkled on after I decided the paint was done. Next time out I want to use black canvas.
No work has been done on the mystery quilt in several days as other things have taken our attention. For instance, this past weekend the clouds and fog decided to clear out and give us nice sunny days. Happened last weekend too.
The previous weekend gardening happened with lots of weeding required and adding some color via new flowering plants.
The new annuals were a side effect of seeing them at the hardware store where we acquired fishing line. That with the addition of crimping beads and the bead stash lead to a creative Sunday morning making sun catchers with the munchkin.
Then yesterday after school and while dinner was in the oven, we put together the terrarium using glassware found at the thrift shop along with bought and found sand, shells, twigs and moss. We even added a little live spider plant.
After dinner, I spent some time with my Featherweight and home decor fabric to make a start market bags. One is done except for 1.5″ of stitching which is where my bobbin ran out of thread.
I have enough material for 12 at this size. I am considering making a couple larger. We shall see. There’s even a crochet one in progress.
Somewhere in all of this we’ve also pulled out watercolor paints and played with them.
We have plans for clay, potentially more terrariums (depending on what containers we can find at the thrift shops) and sun catchers and, as always, more quilting & sewing.