A non-comprehensive list of places where supplies / information etc can be acquired. Anything I’ve listed here I have used myself.
Supplies (will not include large chain stores):
- Back Porch Fabrics – a lovely quilt shop located in Pacific Grove on the Monterey Peninsula. Classes and quilt shows are a staple here.
- Equilter.com – a mom & pop shop in Boulder, Colorado with excellent customer service, especially in the online arena. Includes specialty imports.
- Connecting Threads – online quilt shop with monthly catalogs mailed with adorable sets including kits and patterns and a fabulous thread selection.
- Needle in a Haystack – needlework store located in Alameda, CA. While visiting their shop is always a pleasure (and expensive!), they also do mail order and will special order items if they don’t regularly stock it.
- Quilt Emporium – a quilt shop in Woodland Hills, CA that offers onsite classes and support for your quilting habit.
- Firemountain Gems – a source for much of my beading supplies, with bulk purchase deals available to all.
- The Singer Featherweight Shop – THE source for Featherweight maintenance kits, replacement parts, advice and information.
- Sewing Machines Plus – a source for parts and accessories for many makes and model as well as machines themselves.
- Vintage Sewing Machine Swap & Shop FB Group – A closed FB group where VSM fans can swap and shop for VSMs and related items.
- Singer Featherweight Classifieds FB Group – A swap and sell group on FB dedicated to Featherweights.
- International Sewing Machine Collectors Society – The vintage machine research place. A plethora of information can be found here in a single place from dating your machine to free downloads of manuals. They also have a forum with an email digest available.
- FB Group – Vintage Sewing Machines – An FB group for vintage sewing machine fans. This is a closed group with a moderated membership. Members both ask for and offer advice on all sorts of VSM topics from model identification to repairs and valuation discussions.
- The Singer Featherweight Shop FB Group – This is the FB page of the Singer Featherweight Shop where April and Carmen Henry offer advice and help regarding any questions you might have about Featherweights as do the group members.
- Featherweightology FB Group – A public FB group all about Featherweights.
- Singer 301 301A Vintage Sewing Machines FB Group – Another Singer group, this one dedicated to the 301 and 301A models. Like the others, this group moderates it’s membership to prevent spammers and scammers.
- Necchi Sewing Machine FB Group – This group dedicated to all things Necchi, the (primarily) Italian made sewing machines. This is also a closed group.
- Singer & Cornely Specialty Art Machines FB Group – A group dedicated to specialty machines including the industrial variety.