All the pieces are cut out. They are also laid out in a possible order. I have to let it sit a couple days to see if it gels.
The fabric for the baby quilt arrived yesterday. It is called To The Moon and Back and is from Connecting Threads. It’s been washed and folded. I sketched a basic design and figured out piece sizes and counts. I plan on using a quilt as you go method. I was hoping to start cutting tonight but am too sleepy. It’s too easy to whoopsie a cut when you can’t see straight.
Today seems to have been sort of catch up on things day. Normal household stuff got done then diverted elsewhere. Upon getting the laundry folded, I found a couple pairs of munchkin’s pants that need patching. That got done. Amazingly I had some orange fabric that perfectly matched the orange pants. That is excessively rare for the non denim stuff, not that he wears denim anymore. Started refusing to wear jeans at all a little over a year ago. It isn’t a hill to die on.
After that was a trip to Beverly’s to either get a second rotary cutter or new blade(s) for the old one. This happened since the blades I ordered online had a different center than the cutter I have. As the new blades are nearly $9 for a single blade and a second cutter was $17, I opted for the cutter since I have a 10-pack of thise blades. Storage boxes were on sale and I picke up a couple to try to organize the mess that is my floss and beads. Well, the floss is definitely worse off.
A couple more stops before we came home, and I was suddenly motivated to finish that over-the-sink shelf for the kitchen that I started last year. The boards were cut and varnished, but I hadn’t bothered to assemble them yet. I finally did that, and I’m very pleased with how it turned out. I’ve some knick knacks on it for now. I plan to pull out my seeds and see if I can’t get a herb and/or salad garden going there.
Yes, this is procrastinating of a sort. The Dragon Fruit quilt is at a bit of an impasse as I vacillate between putting the blocks together then quilting or using a quilt-as you-go method. Also, with dull rotary blades, the inner border pieces were not coming along very quickly.