A bit more quilting done.
After a few hours of yard work today, I’ve cleaned up and am back to hand quilting my mystery project. Here’s an image from the back.
I may have shared bits of this before but can’t recall. It needs to be a mystery as it has a intended recipient. Now that the Dragon Fruit quilt top is done I am back to hand quilting ths one with perle cotton.
The quilt top is done! I’m very happy with it. I have barring, backing and binding materials already but need to celebrate this milestone first.
This patters is from the October 2016 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.
The majority of the fabric is thrift shop finds.
All the inside borders are done and attached now.
Next comes the outer border. I was going to use the swirly black and white, but it is too busy for my eyes. I put up a grey pillowcase to see what that would look like.
I like the grey idea however that one is too light. I do have a cut of a black and grey plaid that will work, but I need to dig it out and see if there is enough. But not tonight.
Firts of the four inner borders is complete.
It has been a bit since I have worked in this as I was considering quilting the blocks individually. I decided against that in just the last few days and have started back up.
Since I am making the quilt smaller than the original pattern, I have opted to join the center rows before beginning to piece the inside border. I must say that I am pleased with how it is turning out.